3 years experience required plus strong client-facing skills.
Role Responsibilities include:
- Setup network environments by implementing system configuration, documentation, and enforcing system standards.
- Monitoring performance, troubleshoot network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades, collaborating with Senior System Engineers & Architects on network optimisation.
- Setup network monitoring / reporting using Ops Manager and other tools.
- Securing network systems by enforcing policies and monitoring access.
- Setup and monitor Site to Site IPSec tunnels to mobile carriers using either Cisco Routers or Fortigate Firewalls.
- Liaise with multiple carriers and vendors for purchases and support.
- Manage, support and improve DNS infrastructure.
- Assist in the design and documentation IP address schemes.
- Provide on call support for the network in an outage situation.
- 4-5+ years’ experience as a Network Engineer.
- Experience of installation, operation and maintenance of Cisco equipment, specifically Nexus / Catalyst Switches and routers.
- Experience with installation, operation and maintenance with Dell chassis and network switches.
- Experience with installation, operation and maintenance of some of the following: firewalls, load balancers, Fortigate and A10.
- Fantastic knowledge of the entire networking stack.
- Solid exposure to and experience troubleshooting dynamic routing protocols, ideaally BGP and OSPF.
- Substantial experience diagnosing & troubleshooting network infrastructure performance degradations and outages.
- Demonstrated experience performing network packet inspection, traffic analysis, performance characterisation (Wireshark, TCPdump, etc.)
- Considerable exposure to Linux operating systems, ideally Red Hat or CentOS and Windows Server 2008 R2 / 2012 R2 would be extremely advantageous